Sunday, April 17, 2011

Wild West Fest

The city I grew up in, and where my parents still live, has a fun little festival every year around Easter called Wild West Fest.  It is a lot of fun, and I love it because not many people outside of the city itself know about it.  So they always have lots of fun things to do, and the crowds aren't bad at all, which means there is generally no wait time for anything!  Throw in the fact that my parents always go, and it's a winning situation all around!  :0)   

This year, the city is building a new fire station!  (I can't wait to take Jay to the grand opening tour!!) 
This year they let the kids play with the fire hoses to "put out" fires in a little wooden house.  It was pretty cute, and Jay thought it was sheer greatness!  

Here are Papa and Jay, they're pretty good buddies:

My boys:
 And of course, what would a Wild West Fest in Texas be without armadillos!?  They had armadillo races, and the kids could pet the armadillos too:

I am also VERY excited to say that we finally convinced Jay to go into a bounce house!!  Hooray!!  It might have had something to do with the fact that I convinced him to go hunt for the dragon inside of this one, but hey, whatever works right!?  He had a blast jumping and sliding!   
 


 Ha ha they also had a mechanical bull, and Jay was beyond excited to ride it.  He stayed on the whole time, and I think he was pretty proud of himself!  His Daddad will be proud! 


Jay and Papa also went on a train ride, and they had front row seats!   

We had a really good time, and Jay was one tired boy by the time we left!!  (And so was Papa)  :0)

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I LOVE the picture of Jay holding the fire hose!! And the mechanical bull is so cool! That must be a Texas thing ha ha!

    ReplyDelete