Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Journal Jar #13

Welcome to the 13th Journal Jar Tuesday!  Have you been inspired to start keeping your own journal yet?  If not, maybe today is the day you should start!  :0)  I have really enjoyed keeping mine.  If you are wondering what this whole Journal Jar thing is about, go to the Journal Jar Tuesdays tab at the top of my blog.  Today's question is:

Did you ever keep a secret about someone?  Are you still keeping it today?  Tell about it if you can!

I have to admit that I am not the best secret keeper, but I have come a long way!  I am keeping secrets about a few people, but I can't share them...sorry!  :0)  But I can tell you about a time that I told a secret of my own:

One Christmas when The Hubbs and I were still dating, I had gotten him this big dragon statue thing.  The Hubbs likes dragons, and I was so excited to give it to him!  Well, he came over on Christmas morning, and opened his gifts from my parents and then I opened his gift for me.  (I think it was a tanzanite necklace!)  Well, I was so excited about the necklace that he had given me that I forgot to give him his present from me.  We had been sitting around talking when all of a sudden it dawned on me that I hadn't given him his gift yet, so I excitedly looked at my mom and said" Mom!  He hasn't opened his dragon yet!"  Oops!!  Ha ha The Hubbs has never let me live that one down!

I can also tell you a little secret or two about my cooking.  (Just don't tell The Hubbs, or he may never eat again!) 
You see, The Hubbs likes beef, but he has high cholesterol, and I am kind of fond of him.  So anytime a recipe calls for ground beef...I use ground turkey.  (It works for everything I have tried except for tacos and meatloaf, so when I make those things, I generally use half beef and half turkey!)  I've been doing it for years, and The Hubbs has never noticed.  :0)
Also, have you ever eaten anything at my house with a red sauce??  Well, you my friend have eaten carrots without even knowing it!  I put very finely shredded carrots in all sorts of things like:  spaghetti sauce, tacos, beef stew, Italian stew, lasagna, enchiladas, chipped BBQ, etc.  Ha ha I am all for pumping as many veggies into my picky eating Hubbs as I can!!  So if I can get away with it I do! 

So what about you?  Are you a good secret keeper!? 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment