Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easy Alfredo Sauce

When The Hubbs and I were newlyweds, I searched and searched for a good Alfredo sauce recipe.  Ha ha and at the time, my cooking skills were really green, so that make my search even more difficult!  When I stumbled upon this recipe, we were smitten, and I have been making it ever since.  I have since found several more authentic recipes, but this one still wins out because it is so simple!  I love to add chicken to the sauce, and serve it with pasta and steamed broccoli for an easy and delicious meal. 

Ingredients:
4 Tablespoons butter
4 Tablespoons olive oil
4 to 6 garlic cloves--minced
1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese--cut into cubes (the low fat kind works just fine!)
2 Cups milk  (or cream if you really want to go all out)
6 oz Parmesan cheese (honestly I just shake some in until it tastes good, and I don't measure it at all)
salt and pepper to taste
I also like to add in a few shakes of basil to add a little color  :0)

Directions:
Put the butter and olive oil in a saucepan over medium low heat. 
Once the butter has melted, add in the garlic and cook for about 2 minutes. 
Add in the cream cheese and whisk until smooth. 
Add in the milk, slowly, whisking until it is smooth. 
Stir in the Parmesan cheese and add salt and pepper.
If you are adding chicken or shrimp, you can put it in now, and cook the sauce until it heats up.  Just make sure to use chicken or shrimp that is already cooked!
   
Just cook your pasta, heat up some garlic bread, and steam some broccoli while the sauce is cooking, and you have an excellent meal to serve your family, or to impress company with!  I hope you love it as much as we do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment