Friday, October 1, 2010

My $25 Craigslist Tables

When we arranged our living room, our old end tables just didn't go.  So I have been on the lookout for some new ones on my favorite place--craigslist.  A few weeks ago, I saw these beauties:


They are solid wood, and just needed some updating to look great.  The lady selling them only wanted $25 for BOTH of them!  So Jay and I headed over to get them.  And while the lady's son helped me load these into the back of our car...Jay chased her dog around and made himself right at home.  He even found the dog's toy basket and proceeded to get out all the toys.  Ha ha the dog was very excited, and fortunately, the lady thought Jay was adorable and didn't mind!  

Anywho, after I got these home, I went through several ideas on what I wanted to do with them.  I originally planned to re stain them in a darker color, but the rounded legs just would have been waayyy more work than I was ready for.  I thought about painting the legs white, and staining the top, but it just wasn't what I really wanted. 

But then a sweet little old lady listed her round pedestal table on craigslist for FREE!  And you know I LOVE free things!  I have been on the lookout for an inexpensive pedestal table to cut down and use for a coffee table.  This pedestal table has a stained top, and the pedestal part of it is painted black.  The second I saw it, I knew it was the look I wanted for these end tables too.

So here they are in all their refinished glory:
(Ha ha and please excuse the crummy pictures, my camera is broken, so these are from my cellphone.) 



I love the little crystal knobs on them, they add just a little sparkle.  The stain color is a mix of English Chestnut and Red Mahogany.  It is actually a little darker than it looks in the pictures, and I love it!  It's kind of a chocolate/reddish brown color.  

Here is a sneak peak of another project I have going on in our living room:


So check back for that, and pictures of the pedestal coffee table are also soon to come!

I am linking up to the Under $100 Linky Party over at Beyond the Picket Fence, so be sure to go check out all the other great ideas!   

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Those came out great!

    Thanks for stopping by my Popcorn and leaving the nice note. Eve is in a jealous rage right now and is hoping to out do the new buffet when it comes to fall decor. The girl is out of control!

    I'll be checking back to see your new paint in the living room. I love the pattern from the teeny fabric swatch I see tucked in there. I love a transformation!

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, Lindsey! I need to hire you to find me great deals and decorate my place!

    ReplyDelete