Thursday, March 3, 2011

Easy Peasy Pizza Bagels

We love pizza, but delivery isn't always in our budget. This is a fun way to have pizza, and the best part is, that everyone can customize their own!

Ingredients:
6 bagels halved--or however many you need for your family
2 cups prepared spaghetti or pizza sauce
12 slices or provolone cheese--or one for each bagel half
Shredded mozzarella cheese--to taste
Toppings like sliced pepperoni, mushrooms, sliced olives, hamburger meat, onions, bell peppers, etc

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350
Place bagel halves cut side up on cookie sheets
Place a thin layer of sauce on each bagel half
Put one slice of provolone cheese on top of the sauce--If you are using pepperoni, I like to cover the hole of the bagel with a slice of pepperoni and then put my slice of provolone cheese on
Add toppings of your choice
Top with some shredded mozzarella cheese
Bake until cheese is melted and bagels are heated through--about 8 minutes
Let them cool a few minutes, and enjoy!

I like to make these for a fast and easy lunch!  I have also made them with English muffin halves or some of my English muffin bread, and they are still good.  You can even keep the leftover toppings in a bag in the freezer and then just pull them out when you need them. :0)  Jay loves to help me make them, and is always excited to make his own pizza!  These would even be a great lunch for a play date!  The kiddos, and mommies, can all make their own pizza for lunch.  Yummy!

2 comments:

  1. I am definitely trying this! The boys LOVE bagels and pepperoni so this would be a perfect match! Thanks for another great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to tell you that this is my family's new favorite recipe! They love it and it is SO EASY!!

    ReplyDelete