Thursday, March 10, 2011

Pork Chops Milanese

In all honesty, I am generally not a huge fan of pork, unless it is is the form of bacon or the occasional slice of ham.  But I LOVE these pork chops!  I serve them with some pasta and a lemon garlic sauce, but a red sauce also works well with them.  And if you cook up a big batch of them, they freeze and reheat really well.  I just stick them on a cookie sheet in the oven at 350 until they are thoroughly heated up, usually about 10 to 15 minutes.

Ingredients:
6 boneless pork chops--pounded to about 1/3 inch thick
1 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
2 eggs
salt and pepper to taste
olive oil

Directions:
Combine breadcrumbs and cheese. 
In a separate bowl, beat eggs.
Salt and pepper the pork chops.
Dip the pork chops one at a time into the egg and then into the breadcrumbs. 
Heat oil (about a 1/4 cup or so) in a heavy skillet over medium high heat. 
Cook each side of the pork chops to a nice golden brown--about 3 minutes a side.
Serve with sauce and pasta.     

Just toss a salad and toast some garlic bread, and you've got a great meal!  I usually make a home made pasta sauce with lemon, garlic, and some white wine to go with this.  Ha ha and if The Hubbs would eat capers, I would throw in some of those too.  Yummy!!  I hope your family loves this as much as we do!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment