Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Journal Jar Tuesday #9

Welcome to the 9th Journal Jar Tuesday!  If you are new to this, and want to find out what Journal Jar Tuesdays are all about, you can click on the Journal Jar Tuesday tab at the top of my blog.  :0)  This week, I am going to do two prompts, because one of them is really short.  

Tell Your Favorite Joke.

Ha ha my favorite joke is one I read on a Laffy Taffy wrapper about 10 years ago.  It's innocent and sweet, and always makes me chuckle!

Why is it a bad idea to play poker in the jungle??

Because there are too many Cheetahs!

List a few of the simple things in life that make you smile, and tell why.   

Hmmmm I could probably name several dozen simple things that make me smile!!  Ha ha but I'll do my best to keep this short!

The smell of rain.  It's so earthy and pure, and I just love it!

Butterflies.  They are so graceful and beautiful, kind of like a tiny treasure floating through the air.

Growing Flowers.  Especially the first ones of Spring!  They are little bursts of color, but like most of life's beautiful moments, they are gone before you know it.

Christmas Lights.  I l.o.v.e. them!  They make me happy!  They're kind of like an outward expression of the desire we all have for peace.  They twinkle and shine, and fill my heart with joy!

Fall Leaves.  They are bold and beautiful.  They crunch beneath your feet, dance in the wind, add the last bits of color to an otherwise dying landscape.

Snow.  I'm a Texan, and I love snow...for a day or two every year.  If we had it more often, it wouldn't be a special or as fun. 

Seashells.  Especially ones found on the beach!  They seem so delicate, but they're really strong, and each shell is beautiful in its own unique way.  

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.  Once they're baked, the cookies are still OK, but the dough is what gets me!  It's such a perfect combination of textures and flavors.  I have to limit myself each and every time I bake cookies, or none of them would ever be baked.   

When I have been working in the yard or house, sitting down with an ice cold glass of water.  I love the cooling sensation that it brings to my whole body.  I can feel it rush down to my stomach and then I slowly start to cool down.  It is such a refreshing feeling, and nothing beats it! 

Porch swings.  They remind me of my Great Grandmother, and I just love them!  They have this uncanny way of reminding my to sit down and take in the world for a few minutes. 

Letters or cards that come in the mail.  With facebook, and e-mails, I rarely ever get any actual mail that's not a bill or something headed right to the recycle bin.  So when I get a card or letter just for me, it completely makes my day! 

Stickers.  I am really just a big kid at heart, and I still love stickers!  Ha ha Jay just gives me an excuse to use them again! 

I could seriously go on and on and on, but I'll stop myself at 12 little things that make me smile!  So, what makes you smile?   

No comments:

Post a Comment