Monday, May 9, 2011

Sunday School Mother's Day Craft


I teach the Pre-K Sunday School class at our church, and this year I wanted to help the kiddos make something special for their moms (or another special woman in their lives).  So when I saw this tutorial for a felt flower, I knew it would be perfect for what I had in mind!
I used the pattern from the tutorial, but I changed the colors up a bit...you know how I feel about pink!! :0) 

Here is what I did:

I cut out all the pieces, then I glued the two leaves together like this: 

Then I hot glued a safety pin onto the back side of the leaves:

I cut the center circles out of felt that had glitter in it:

I glued the 5 light pink petals together to make a flower shape:

I also glued the larger dark pink petals together to make a flower shape:

Then, I left all of the pieces just like this, and stuck them into a Ziploc bag with my glue gun and some shimmery white paint.  In my class Sunday morning, I had each kiddo put their finger prints on the flower pieces.  We let them dry while we did our Bible lesson, and then I hot glued all the pieces together while the kids finished up another one of their crafts for the day.  Here is the finished pin one more time:

We ended up with some pretty darn cute keepsake flower pins for the kiddos to give to their moms after class!  We even made one for our children's minister with fingerprints on it from each child in the class.  They were definitely a big hit!!  :0)    

No comments:

Post a Comment