Monday, May 9, 2011

Love Together Always!

One of the things The Hubbs and I decided to do for our 5th wedding anniversary was to have a wooden sign made.  (The traditional 5th anniversary gift is wood, so we have tried to keep with that theme, just for fun!)  When my cousin was married, someone gave her this really cute sign that had her new married name on it and under the name, it said established in and had the year they were married.  I wanted something similar for our sign, but I wanted to make it a little bit more personal.  :0) 

When The Hubbs and I were engaged, my Grandma was SO excited!  She did several wonderful and thoughtful things for us, but one thing that still touches my heart today, is the theme she came up with for the Tea Party bridal shower she hosted for me.  She had everyone bring their favorite recipe and put them into a cook book.  One of her recipes was simply this:

Love Together Always!

This phrase became a theme for the things she did for our wedding.  From her toast to us at the tea party, the the card she gave me on our wedding day, to the guestbook picture she signed:


she always included the phrase "Love Together Always".  It means so much to The Hubbs and I, and is some of the best advice that anyone could have ever given us! 

When we were trying to decide what to have our sign say, we knew that this would be perfect!!  So, without further adieu:



We hung it above the picture that my mom made for us as a wedding gift.  :0)  The lady that made the sign for us was really great, and even matched our wedding colors perfectly!  I just love it, and I am so excited that we decided to have it made!! 

  

1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet, Lindsey! I love it. Gram always gave the best advice.

    ReplyDelete