Saturday, September 4, 2010

Zoo Day...Hooray!

The past few days we have finally had some cooler weather...well relatively cooler.  (We do live in Texas after all and 88 is a heck of a lot better than 105!!!) 

To celebrate the nice weather, we decided to go to the zoo.  My MIL got us season passes last year for Christmas, and it has been wonderful!  The first thing Jay wanted to see today were the monkeys.  This baboon was just sitting there taking in the view:
 

These little guys were enjoying the cooler weather.  They were going crazy playing and swinging around.  It was pretty cute to watch!


Ha ha and this big guy was very calmly stuffing his face--which Jay thought was awesome!


Hmmm what do you think my boys were looking at in this picture?!?!


The elephants of course!  Jay seriously LOVES elephants.  After all, he is the proud owner of Bobo, the greatest stuffed elephant in the whole entire universe! 


Here are my two handsome boys:


And here is one of me and my Little Man.  When he saw this elephant statue he ran over to it so he could sit on it.  And after the picture, he slid down the elephant's trunk like a little slide. 


We went into the new MOLA exhibit so that that Jay could see bugs (because "B" is For Bugs) but he was far more interested in the snakes and lizards.  I can thank his Uncle Blake for that one... 



Jay had a horse painted on his arm.  It is done with glitter, and is really pretty neato!  I think I would have gotten one if it wouldn't have gotten me so many strange looks from the other parents.  :0)


Here he is showing off his horse.  He named it Ollie after the horse we saw at the zoo.  Ha ha and I just love this picture because I think it really captures his personality.  :0) 


You know the really nice thing about going to to zoo!?  When we get home both of my boys take naps, and I have a nice quiet house all to myself for a little while.  It's a rare treat around here...

1 comment:

  1. That is a rare treat! Sounds like you had a wonderful day, Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete