Friday, September 17, 2010

My Friday Fail...Fish Style

Today I am participating in Friday Fails on My Blessed Life, so be sure to go check it out!


A few months back, the Hubbs decided to get Jay an aquarium for his room to act as his nightlight.  We We have a plecostomus, 2 guppies, and 4 zebra fish.  The plecostomus is Walter, and the other fish are all Sully. 

So last Sunday I had a lot of things going on at church, so Jay and the Hubbs were home together most of the day.  Well, the Hubbs left a nice big bright yellow conatiner of fish food sitting out in Jay's room while Jay was supposed to be napping.  Can you guess what happened next!? 

If you guessed that the entire container of fish food went into the fish tank...then you're absolutely right.  Poor fish!  The Hubbs and I spent several hours switching out the water and getting most of the food out of the aquarium.  We were pumped when all of the fish were still alive and swimming!

That was Fish Fail Number One

The Hubbs wanted to take the aquarium out of Jay's room...but I talked him out of it.  Instead, I spent time talking with Jay about being a responsible pet owner and about never ever ever puttint anything into the fish tank.  Jay promised that he would not put anythign in there again, and told us how very sorry he was.  He even told Walter and the Six Sullies he was sorry!

Monday morning the tank was still pretty cloudy, so we went to get some ghost shrimp to help with the cleaning process.  At naptime, I reminded Jay that we never put things into the fish tank.  He said "OK Mommy!"  He took a long nap, and I cleaned the house.  After my cleaning, he was still sleeping, so I jumped into the shower.  Well...sometime during my shower Jay woke up and put two shoes and four stuffed animals into his fish tank.  It killed all of our shrimp and Walter looked dead too.  :0(

And That Was Fish Fail Number Two

The fish tank is now sitting in our play room.  Jay is not allowed to touch it.  And I am very happy to report that after a few more hours of switching out the water, Walter and the Six Sullies are all OK.


The moral of this story:  Aquariums make great nightlights...but little boys DO NOT make good fish owners...

1 comment:

  1. OH Lindsey! The poor fish! Mom just gave Patrick a fish that he LOVES. I've been considering getting a tank that would double as a night light because he has a fake fish nightlight that he loves. I think I'll think twice about that now!! AT least some of them survived!

    ReplyDelete