Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Fun ABC Website

My friend Laney, over at 5 Little Munchkins and How They Grew found very neat (and free--you know I am all about free!) ABC website.  I love it because it has a section for the ABC's and other sections that teach reading.  There are some ABC printouts that will be fun when Jay starts to write too!  I am going to incorporate it into our weekly lessons, but if you would like to start playing with it now, here is a link to it:

http://www.starfall.com/n/level-k/index/load.htm?f

I love that it is slightly interactive.  Jay will have to pay attention and click on certain objects to get it to keep going.  And it will reinforce our phonics, which is great!

Anywho, go check it out, and look for it in next week's lesson, 'D' is for Dinosaurs!

 

4 comments:

  1. I was hoping that "D" would be for Dinosaurs! I can't wait! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Website. We'll use it for sure! I like that it has sounds on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found out that the website starfall.com is recommended by Patrick's kindergarten teacher and there are tons of other reading and pre-reading activities on there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, I was looking through some of those areas the other day. It is a really great website! Does Patrick like it? I was wondering how it would work for the older kiddos.

    ReplyDelete