Thursday, November 4, 2010

Halloween Fun

How was your Halloween!?  I hope it was lots of spooky fun!  This year, we had two busy weekends of Halloween fun.  Here are some pictures of our adventures.  Enjoy!

My boys decorating their pumpkins:

 Jay found a huge pumpkin for us to carve this year...but we never got to actually carve it.  The Hubbs and Jay prepped it on Friday night so that they could carve it on Saturday after Trunk or Treat.  But the pumpkin must have gotten too hot in the car because by Saturday evening it was full of gross mold.  Ick!!  So it never actually got carved, but it still looked great sitting on our porch for all of the trick or treators!  You win some, and lose some I suppose.   

Here is Jay decorating his medium sized pumpkin:
 The finished pumpkin:
Ha ha Jay went with a googly eye theme! 


Trunk or Treat:

Our church has the best Trunk or Treat!  We are truly blessed!!  This year I literally threw our trunk together in about five minutes because I just had SO much going on that day.  But I used things from around our house and yard, and I think it turned out pretty cute:

One of the reasons I had so little time to decorate was our UMW book trailer.  The wonderful lady in charge of our 2010 fundraising organized a book drive, and instead of candy, we gave out books!  It was such a wonderful thing to do, and I LOVED the idea!  I hope it becomes a tradition for our group!!  Anywho, I got to help decorate the trailers for the books:



Here are some fun pictures of Jay at Trunk or Treat:

Here he is in our trunk:

Ha ha he had a blast just running around:

And being chased by The Hubbs:

He had his arm painted, with a picture of Spiderman (of course!)

Jay and his little friend from church were both Spiderman this year:

Jay and this little girl have literally grown up together in our church nursery.  :0)  Ha ha we joke that she is Jay's church girlfriend!

Boo At The Zoo Pictures:

Here is Jay all ready to go to the zoo.  He is showing off a spider ring that he got at trunk or treat. 

This picture was taken just inside of the zoo:

I never remember to get a picture of Jay with me, but The Hubbs is awesome and managed to snap a quick one:

We got to watch a neat little animal show that Jay thought was really fun:



Jay was too tall to get into the toddler section (no surprise there), but he still managed to rock the big kid games!  I think we have a future athlete on our hands!  :0)  



We celebrated Halloween for a couple of wonderful weekends, and it was so much fun!!  Ha ha And if anyone has any tips for convincing a two year old to stop wearing his spiderman costume...they would be GREATLY appreciated! 

No comments:

Post a Comment