Friday, November 5, 2010

Easy Sugar Cookies

I love the taste of sugar cookies, but rarely make them because of the amount of time they take.  All of that rolling and cutting is generally more than I am up for.  So last week when I needed to bake cookies for my Sunday school class, I was thrilled to find this recipe.  After a few modifications, I think it is a real keeper!  And the best part is that you just drop them onto the pan and bake...no rolling or cutting required!

Ingredients:
3/4 cup butter
1/4 cup crisco shortening
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour  (I used slightly less than 2 cups to make softer cookies.)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
fun sprinkles to roll you cookie dough in (optional)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350
Combine butter, crisco, sugar, egg, and vanilla. 
Add flour, baking soda, and salt to the butter mixture and mix well. 
Use teaspoons (or a cookie scoop) to shape dough into 1 inch balls.
If you want to use sprinkles, lightly roll each ball in the sprinkles--but do not coat the part of the dough that will sit on the baking sheet.
Place dough balls about 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 12 to 14 minutes. 


I think they turned out pretty darn cute!  I also made some plain cookies to decorate with icing for my Sunday school class, and the kiddos really loved them!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment