Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Journal Jar Tuesday #7

Welcome to the 7th Journal Jar Tuesday!!  If you are new to this, you can find out what it is all about by clicking on the Journal Jar Tuesday tab at the top of my blog.  Anyone and everyone is invited to join me on this journaling journey! 

The first question that Jay drew out of the Journal Jar for me today was a bit of a short one, so I had him draw a second one.  :0)  Here they are: 

What is the most adventurous thing you've ever done with your hair?  Do you like your hair now? 

Ha ha in all honesty, I am not all that adventurous with my hair!  I have put highlights in it a time or two, but never colored it or permed it.  It has been long for most of my life, but when I was pregnant with Jay, I was so sick that I didn't want to have to mess with my hair, so I cut it to shoulder length and donated the cut portion to Locks of Love.  I really love it being shoulder length!  It is long enough to do things with, but short enough to be easy to deal with and take care of.  And I can put it in a pony tail and pull out the longer layers around my face so that it looks like I put forth way more effort than I actually did to fix it.  :0)  I have been contemplating some long bangs, but haven't made up my mind for sure yet, so we will have to see.

What is your favorite thing to do at home?  What is your favorite thing to do away from home?

I love being at home, and I think it is pretty safe to say that The Hubbs and I are real home bodies!  Our home is our haven, and we love to just relax and enjoy each other's company.  I think my favorite thing to do at home is to play games with Jay and The Hubbs.  Whether it's a game of catch in the yard, or Candy Land on our coffee table, I am happy either way!  There's just something about those moments when we are all together, relaxed, and happy that make my heart smile!!

I am not really sure what my favorite thing to do away from home is.  We don't have one thing that we always do or anything like that.  We love to go see movies or check out a festival or fair.  I have never been one to enjoy big to do's or fancy schmancy restaurants, so as long as it's casual, I am generally pretty happy.  I love to spend time with friends and family.  Every Sunday after church, we go to The Hubbs' Grannie's house for lunch, and it is something I look forward to all week long.  My mother in law, and my brother in law are usually there, and it is really wonderful to have time together as a family!  The Hubbs' aunt and uncle are planning to move back into the area, so it won't be long before they are there on Sunday too.  It is such a great opportunity for Jay to play with everyone, and for all of us to hang out and relax.  I firmly believe that these Sunday lunches have brought us closer as a family, and I am very thankful for them!!

What about you?  What do you enjoy doing at home and away from home?  Remember, it's never too late to start your own journal and to join me on this journaling adventure! 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment