Sunday, August 8, 2010

Welcome Home!?!?

I found all the stuff to move pictures from my camera to the computer! So I can finally put up some pictures of our new (well new to us) house...and eventually of our finished renovations. :0)


We have owned the house for just over a month now and I can honestly say that we absolutely LOVE it!  It needs A LOT of cosmetic updates, but it has such good bones.  Once we finish our renovations it will be an amazing home for us!! 

I'll walk you through room by room and try to tell you the changes we are making to them.  One thing I can say is that EVERYTTHING was green.  Seriously.  The walls.  The trim.  The ceilings.  The cabinets.  The carpet.  Everything.  The previous owner had a serious love affair with a light sort of celery green color.   

Anywho.. Here is the front of the house:




Here is the cute front porch.  Ha ha it even has new fake grass carpeting on it....that we will probably rip out sometime next spring so that we can put down some tile instead. 


Here is the front door.  It has leaded glass in the middle of it that is really pretty.  I think I will eventually stain it a darker color. 



Here is the living/dining room:

We have already painted all the walls and the ceiling.  We also ripped out the carpet to get to the hardwood floors under it.  We are still in the process of switching out the light fixtures.   



I love this built in cabinet by the front door. 


In all honesty this kitchen was almost a dealbreaker.  It was cramped and very green.  We managed to start a fire in it the very first day we owned the house.  Jay turned on the stove and caught our pizza box on fire.  Needless to say, the stove was one of the FIRST things to be ripped out.  
Most of our budget has gone into this room.  We moved the water heater that was in a closet to my right when I took this picture.  The water heater is now in the garage and our fridge sits in its place.  We painted all the cabinets white and all the wood a khaki color.  We bought a new stove, new sink faucet, new dishwasher, new microwave, and a new grabage disposal.  We still have to rip out that green linoleum and put down some nice neutral tile, but we're probably going to do that over labor day weekend.   


This is the second living area.  We're going to use it as an office and play room.  We are going to paint all the wood my favorite color of all time: Pecan Sandie by Behr.  We are also going to switch out the light fixture and put down the same tile that we use for the kitchen. 


This picture is looking out of the doors of the office into the sun room.  The sun room is really going to be great when we get it fixed up!  We are going to use it as a breakfast area and a second living area.  It will have tile floors and probably some roman shades by the time we get done with it. 


This is the second bathroom.  We are going to leave the ivory and brown tile for now, but we'll probably reglaze it in a few years so that it is white instead.  We have already painted the walls and the cabinets.  And we still have to take the wallpaper off the ceiling.  I am not quite sure why there is wallpaper on the ceiling...but there is....for now.   
 

This is part of the hallway.  It is "L" shaped and leads to all the bedrooms and bathrooms.  I really love the built in bookcase.  We have painted the walls, ceiling, and bookcase and we ripped out all the carpet. 


This is Mr. Jay's room.  It is SO much bigger than his room at our last house.  :0)  Um...and we have redone everything in it.  We patched and painted the walls and ceiling.  And we ripped out that lovely lime green carpet in favor of the hardwood floors under it. 


This is the middle bedroom.  And I know what you're thinking: Wow finally a room that is not green!  Well before you get too excited.....the ceiling was green.  Seriously.  So once again we painted the walls and ceiling and ripped out all the green scary carpet.  


Here is our padded room...I mean master bedroom.  But it was padded.  And covered with an aweful celery green fake silk fabric.  The fabric was stapled to the walls with literally THOUSANDS of staples that had to be removed one by one.  We spent days and days ripping staples out of these walls.  I owe my mom and Aunt Sarah something amazing after all the time and hard work they put towards this room.  Seriously.  Amazing.  Not to mention the fact that the stuffing material behind the fabric was apparently a great habitat for spiders.  Did you know that I hate spiders!?  Well I do.  And now I hate them even more.   





Here is our master bathroom.  It was scary.  And creepy.  We are fixing it. 
The walls will probably stay pink for a few years, but we plan to eventually reglaze them so that they are white.  I think the pink and turquoise is really awesome but Jason is not such a fan. 


So do you think we've lost our marbles yet!?  It needs a lot of work huh!?  Well, here is a picture of my number one criteria when we were house hunting:

 

I wanted a big yard!  And we certainly have one!  :0) 
This is the area that will be my garden next spring.  I think that just this garden area itself is the size of our entire yard at the old house.   

 
 
So now you've seen our new casa.  :0)  Keep checking back to see all the renovations as we get them completed. 

1 comment:

  1. Lindsey - WOW is all I can say!!!!! Holy Cow! The renovations you made to your house are AMAZING!! I don't know if I would have had the foresight to see what a beautiful house it is under all that GREEN! The hard wood floors ROCK! Everything is GORGEOUS!! I absolutely love it. You guys have done such an awesome job! I can't wait to see it in person!!!!

    ReplyDelete