Monday, August 30, 2010

Vintage Chair Love

The previous owner of our home left all sorts of interesting things here. One of my favorite things is an old solid steel desk chair.


Isn't it fantastic!?  Well except for the red spray paint and the green Naugahyde?? 




It even has a sticker from the manufacturer, Emeco Corporation, that says it was delivered in March of 1951.  So this chair is 59 years old!

Well, I got busy with some spray paint and new fabric and here is the result:


Not too shabby for a 59 year old huh!?


Here is a closer up shot of the fabric, because I seriously LOVE it.  It has browns and blues and greens.  It is whimsical and playful...and just perfect for our home office/playroom!! 


And the wonderful thing is that this baby is seriously solid steel, so it will be around for many many years to come!  When I went to reupholster it, there were these little metal tabs that held the fabric down.  It was so neat!  I didn't have to pull out staples or anything, and I didn't need anything other than a hammer to reattach my new fabric.  Things just aren't made the way they used to be!!   

1 comment:

  1. Wow, awesome job, Lnz!! And I totally agree that things just aren't made like they used to be!

    ReplyDelete