Thursday, August 19, 2010

Airplanes Oh My!

We are decorating Jay's room with an airplane theme.  Some of the pieces are starting to come together and it is so exciting!  Hopefully soon I can put up some true after pictures of his room!  :0)  

I found this airplane at Hobby Lobby in the clearance aisle and Jay picked out a bright sunshiney yellow spraypaint for it.  I love the way it turned out!   


I was super excited to find some old airplane lithographs from the 40's and 50's in a closet that had been left here by the previous homeowner!!  There were probably a dozen or so prints so I chose my favorites to hang in Jay's room.  I still have to mat and frame them, but I just couldn't wait to show you!   



Aren't they awesome!?  I was planning to buy some prints like these off of e-bay or something....but these were just waiting for me in the closet!  So exciting!!

Ha ha and of course Jay can't let me get the camera out without taking some pictures of him, so he stacked a bunch of his stuffed animals in his chair and told me to take a picture of "all of us!"   


This chair was actually my grandma's chair.  I can remember her reading me stories in this chair as a little girl.  :0)  So I think it is kind of neat to read Jay his bedtime story in it every night.  (It has definitely seen better days, and some day I will talk myself into having it reupholstered....but for now I am enjoying it just the way it is.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment