Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Journal Jar Tuesday #4

Welcome to the fourth Journal Jar Tuesday!!  This week, I am going to answer three questions, because they are all pretty short.  So without further adieu:

How do you deal with anger?

I generally don't get mad very easily, but when I do it is no good at all!  I cry, shake, breathe deeply...and then clean.  (In fact I tend to clean if I am mad, stressed or worried, but that is a whole other ball game!)  When I get angry, I cry, and then I get even more angry because I am crying.  It is a vicious cycle that I hope to someday break...

Is there anything that you could never get sick of?

Honestly, spending time at home with my family.  On the rare occasions that The Hubbs, Jay, and I are all home and can just chill and relax, I am in absolute heaven!!
Food wise, I could eat chocolate and Italian food e.v.e.r.y. single day and never bat an eyelash!  They are way too yummy to ever get sick of!!

What are your comfort foods?

I am so blessed to have been born and raised in the south, because we truly know how to do comfort foods!  We have great BBQ, fried chicken, Tex Mex, Italian food...you name it, we have it, and we do it pretty well!  I think some of my favorites are chicken fried steak, chocolate merangue pie, fried catfish, and home made ice cream.  But my Daddy does make some mean BBQ chicken...and our local frozen custard place isn't too shabby either.  :0)
I can say that if you ever make it into this part of the country, you should definitely check out some of our favorite yummy places:

Cousins BBQ (They catered our wedding!)
Babe's Chicken
The Koffee Kup (for out of this world pie, and while you're there head over to Dublin, TX and tour the Dr Pepper Bottling Company)
Sweetie Pie's Rib Eyes  (Chicken Fried Steak to die for)
Woolley's Frozen Custard
Migeulitos
Joe's Italian Kitchen (this place is a delightful little hole in the wall, so they don't have a website.  Sorry!)

Yummy!  I am getting hungry just typing all this...
So what foods bring you comfort when you are angry?  :0)  Thanks for joining me for Journal Jar Tuesday!  If you would like to check out a previous week, you can click on the Journal Jar Tuesday tab at the top of the blog.  And be sure to check back next week to see what prompt Jay draws for us to write about!
    

1 comment:

  1. ICECREAM!!!! (Especially if there's a brownie underneath!) =]

    ReplyDelete