Saturday, December 18, 2010

Our Gingerbread House

I saw this gingerbread house kit at the store for like six bucks and decided to give it a try.  At the time I thought "Oh how fun!" and the kit said it was easy...Ha ha I should have researched a little more before taking it on!!  The icing they included in the kit did NOT work at all, so it became a gloppy runny mess.  But Jay still had lots of fun eating the candy and we managed to get some of it onto the house...

Thankfully, The Hubbs put the walls up for us, so they stood up to all our decorating attempts!

Jay really did have a blast putting it together!  (in case you can't tell from his chocolate stained face!)

Ha ha and this is our finished house:
I know...we are definitely not pastry chefs...

But I can say that all in all, it was fun.  And I have learned that next time I need to buy a different type of icing to use as the glue.  One that actually works!  And if I am really smart, I will have our family friend Susan come visit, Susan has won contests with her gingerbread houses!!  So next year, if I post pictures of some astoundingly beautiful gingerbread house...you can thank Susan! 

No comments:

Post a Comment