Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree

Much to the Hubbs' dismay, I LOVE real Christmas trees!  And the bigger they are...the better. 

This year, our ceilings are two feet shorter than they were in our last house, so it was difficult for me to pick out a tree, but we managed to find a really great one!  We usually buy a Douglas Fir, but this year they all looked awful, so we ended up with a Noble Fir.  I liked it so much, that we might get the same kind again next year!!

Jay had a blast running around through the trees, and using stray branches to "sweep" up pine needles. 

Here is our tree tied to the top of our car:

We got the tree inside, but once we got it into the tree stand...it was too tall.  So we had to cut off a few inches from the top.  Oops! 

Jay was very excited to decorate the tree!  With the exception of the lights and bows, he decorated the entire bottom portion of the tree by himself. 
  
  

I made all of the stuffed ornaments for Jay's first Christmas.  I wanted our tree to be safe for him to play with!


This is the tree on Christmas morning:

I know some people are big into themes and their trees have to be *just* so, and that is all well and good...but I am not that kind of person!  :0)  Every ornament on our tree means something to our family.  They have been made by a loved one, or were gifts from people that mean a lot to us.  Jason's aunt showed me how to make the bows. And the star on top of our tree used to sit on top of my Grandma's tree.  To me, our trees will always be perfect! 
I am proud (or should I be embarrassed?) to say that this is the first tree that we have ever had that was not a dried up mess by Christmas day!  Hooray!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment