Saturday, May 8, 2010

Moving Time...with a Pod

Our Closing date, May 14th,  is looming ever nearer, so we're working to get our old house emptied and cleaned up.  I have decided that we seriously have entirely too much crap.  Ha ha So I am looking forward to some major purging when we find our new house! 

Anywho...we decided to try using one of those Pods to move with, and I am very impressed with it.  The Pods company has been very polite, and everyone I have talked to has been wonderful.  They delivered the Pod and placed it exactly where our neighborhood association said it had to go.  And thanks to my awesomely wonderful brother in law, we were able to get all of our furniture into it!  Here is a picture of the Pod:



This is the largest size pod they have, the 16 foot one.  We managed to get all of our furniture into it...but if we had needed to get an entire house worth of stuff all into pods, it would have taken two of the large pods and maybe a small one.  (Again, we have a lot of stuff!) 

And I just couldn't resist throwing in a few pictures of Jay helping Papa take the table legs off one of our tables:




Jay learned how to use a wrench!!  :0)



1 comment:

  1. I'm glad the POD has worked so well for you and glad your family was able to help you out so much! I love the picture of Jay and your Dad! Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete