Thursday, June 2, 2011

Fresh Tomato Salad Dressing

I have had several versions of this over the years, and I absolutely love it!!  It has such a perfect fresh bright taste, and is by far my favorite salad dressing. I think this year, I might try freezing it into cubes to see if I can store it that way.  Then I could make up a big batch while my tomatoes are fresh and then be able to eat it for months afterwards!  :0)  I'll let you now how it goes!

Ingredients:
3 cups chopped tomatoes
1 generous sprig of fresh basil
1 teaspoon salt
2 cloves garlic--minced (sometimes I saute the garlic to give it more flavor)
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup oil (I prefer olive oil, but I have used canola oil too)
sometimes I also add a dash or two of balsamic vinegar just to give it a little more flavor

Directions:
Put the tomatoes, basil, garlic, salt, and vinegar into your food processor or blender and blend until it is all combined.
Then slowly add in your oil and blend until it is all creamy and yummy looking.
Enjoy!

Yummy!  This dressing is seriously good!  I could almost eat it with a spoon!  :0) 

1 comment: